August 19, 2009

Expiration Date

When I woke up today, naramdaman ko agad ang gutom. And so I went to the kitchen to look for something to eat. I rarely eat rice. I normally eat bread and whatever it is available to stuff on it. While preparing for my sandwhich, I saw this information at the bottom part of the plastic which says the expiration date nung tinapay. And then I realized...

What if may EXPIRATION DATE din ang buhay nang tao?


I never bothered answering that queston in my mind. Naisip ko lang. Tinuloy ko ang paggawa nang pagkain ko then went back to my room. I normally eat my food sa room. I rarely stay anywhere in the house but my room. I decided to watch a DVD movie since my schedule at work is adjusted today again. So maaga pa. And I chose "My Only U" movie ni Vhong at Toni.


As I have said before, di ako mahilig sa tagalog movie. But I bought this one kasi wala na akong choice nung namimili ako nang DVD. I have to get a free 1 DVD after buying 10 movies. Going back, so while eating, and watching, I was very surprised when the theme of the movie is about death, correlating to love and to so many things. How weird was that!!!

Then it made me think of it more. Paano nga kung may expiration date ang buhay mo? How would you deal with that? Will you accept it and just live upto the last minute? But is it really easy to accept it? How about your plans in life? Your dreams, ambitions, the people that loves you, those who rely on you so much, those who will be left? What is the exact feeling of someone who has an expiration date of his/her life?


Death is for everyone. That is a fact, and that is something we really cannot escape from. Everyone will die. A few may know when they will die, or those who have been advised with their expiration date. But most of the people doesn't have an expiration date but are bound also to possibilities of death any moment.


Pero sino nga ba ang mas maswerte? Yung taong alam kung kelan siya mamatay at pwede niyang gawin ang mga dapat niyang gawin, itama ang mga mali, at paligayahin ang mga mahal sa buhay, o ang taong gugulatin na lang ni kamatayan, at mawawalan nang pagkakataon gawin ang dapat gawin, itama ang mga mali, at paligayahin ang mga mahal sa buhay?


I'm afraid to die. But I'm afraid to grow old as well. These are some realities in life that most people refuse to think about. Let's admit, it is really scary. I salute those who are brave enough to accept the fact they will die or grow old. I am still in my journey of finding that strength. Time can only bring me to that point.


Vhong Navarro did everything to enjoy the very last moments of Toni as she was advised na may taning na ang buhay niya. He did everything to enjoy each moment, each second, minute, hour, day and night. Pinasaya niya si Toni. He sacrificed a lot. That's how he loved Toni. But Toni was not giving back the same love because she knows her life is about to end.


But only to find out that there was a mistake in the medical results. Hindi pala siya mamatay. Ang kabaligtaran nang story, si Vhong pala ang mamatay sa huli. A realization for Toni and a regret as she has only few moments to enjoy Vhong, and to return all the favor and love that Vhong has given her.
Of course, ang ending nang movie, pareho silang namatay dahil romantic comedy ang movie.

But the concluding realization for me are the same old lessons that I know. That each one has to really enjoy his/her life. No one can tell when is your last day on earth. That when you love someone, do everything to make him/her special, happy and loved. And that appreciation to everything should be a normal habit to you. No one can tell when will be your last "Thank you" or "Sorry" to anybody.


Life is to be enjoyed. Indeed, happiness has no expiration date. You can always be happy as long as you choose to be happy. Love as long as you can. It has no expiration date as well. And give as long as you can. Not only it does not have an expiration date, but it also gives so much happiness to the one that is being given.


Truth to the matter is, our lives has really an expiration date. And only God knows that. Each one has a life calendar here on earth. Time will really come that we will arrive to the last page. So better enjoy the life that was given to us. As the old saying says, "We only live once, so make the most out of it..."

8 comments:

Pinoy Gay Guy Confidential said...

I agree with what you said that you can always be happy iof you choose to be happy. You can have everything you need and feel empty and sad but you can have nothing in the world and be happy because you decided you are happy.

Death is inevitable. Sometimes we don't know when it is coming, others know how much time they have and what would kill them. We should be making sure that when we do meet our death, whenever it will be, we are prepared. We can say that we made the most of our life. We can say that we had a happy life and it was worth it.

We do not have a choice about dying, but we have every choice about living.

Smile :D

Mac & Hubbee said...

We do not have a choice about dying, but we have every choice about living.

- i like this!!! thanks!!

ACRYLIQUE said...

We hhave no choice about death but we have a lotsachoice in living a good life to the fullest. :)

Mac & Hubbee said...

agree!!

Dhon said...

I just realize something.. it's not that i am afraid to die.. but i am Not yet ready to die.. i have so many plans and i haven't even fulfilled my Bucket List yet!

Mac & Hubbee said...

so live your life to the fullest!!! have fun!

queerfaith said...

Sometimes, we often think that to enjoy our earthly lives, we have to live it to the fullest. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Indeed it is so true in the general sense that people are not actually afraid to die, but rather most are not afraid to because they are not ready - which then comes the notion to live life the fullest. But then again, there is this "bigger picture".

Bottom line - the time that we will all spend on this earth is just a blink of an eye compared to the time that we will all be spending in eternity once we die and cross over. So the truth is, death is actually not the end, but its a beginning, whether it will be a life in heaven or hell.

Mac & Hubbee said...

so are you afraid to die queerfaith???