March 7, 2009

Going Nuts!!!

Okay, I'm not super duper going crazy again (I'm already crazy). I'm just having some booze over nuts lately. I'm talking about Cashew nuts and roasted salted Pistachios. Hmm. Yumyum! Cashew nuts was introduced to me by Jay before while we were in Mindanao. While Pistachios was introduced to me naman by my current boss (Chi) during our staff meeting. Todong sarap sa unang tikim (parang sex lang) pero di naman ako nag-crave.

Ngayong nagkasakit at napatambay sa bahay nang todo-todo (i hate it), nagpabili ako kay mamiko nang madaming cashew nuts and pistachios sa SM. Yun ang pinapapak ko tuwing nag-aadik ako sa gabi sa pagbabasa nang mga blog, pagpost nang mga entry at sa pag-absorb nang kakulitan ni Max. In fairness, nabubusog ako.


Did you guys know that cashew nuts, like all nuts, are an excellent source of protein and fiber. They are rich in mono-unsaturated fat which may help protect the heart (wow). Cashew nuts are also a good source of potassium, B vitamins and folate. They contain useful amounts of magnesium, phosphorous, selenium and copper. And yeah, I'm really now into digging facts about the food I eat.

However, I recommend that you guys buy plain roasted cashew nuts without added salt. Because like peanuts, cashew nuts are often salted. This added sodium content may contribute to increased blood pressure. Baka maranasan niyo ang nangyari sa akin. Kaye be careful. Choose the plain one.


And what I like more about Pistachios? Oh well, since I'm serious about losing weight, Pistachios are nature's super heart-healthy snack. Nutrient dense, full of fiber and antioxidants, and they give you more bang per calories than any other nut. That's one smart health nut, isn't it? Yes, parang commercial lang di ba. Hehe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the club! pagdating tlga sa pistachio wala ng sasarap p..try mo un nasa brown na lalagyan..im nt sure kun japanese label un..basta super sarap..sulit un P170+ mo=)

Mac & Hubbee said...

san nabibili yun??? na-curious tuloy ako...

Anonymous said...

anu k b?! sa savemore,shopwise,puregold,south supermarket..at kung saan-saan pang supermarket..basta dun sa may peanut section..(syempre d b)