March 6, 2009

Singlehood


I stumbled upon one blogsite which has nice and sensible entries, and a coot blogger. There is this one page that tells about the blogger that he is single and all that. I was tempted to leave a note, hindi para magpa-cute, kundi bigla na naman nag-isip ang utak ko about singlehood and how I am reflecting on it right now. Now, it led me to create an entry about it. Just some random thoughts about singlehood.

It's almost 2 months since I became single again after a short relationship with nathan. Normally, people who came from a broken relationship suffers from pain, bitterness and anger. I had those experience before. But now, from my last two relationships, I never felt any of those. Either I just turned numb with all these relationship drama, or those relationships are just too short to consider for some tears.

Close to ending my two months as a single guy, and welcoming my third month, I can still say I am doing pretty good. I think I'm not in a denial stage or what but things just became normal and good. I have never felt this peace and contentment before after being out of a relationship. I usually suffer from depression which led me having Dysthymia, and had to undergo some therapy sessions before.

Oh boy, I'm glad I'm out of those crazy situations. I am enjoying being alone and having all these time in the world to do things, meet friends, go out, travel, and spend time with your family. Things that normally get lost when you are in a relationship. Or should I say, when I'm in a relationship. So I'm taking these wonderful time and moments for I know, it's a phase that could be destined to me for now.

Because when the time that cupid strikes me, I know that I'll be in a different direction again. I'm no longer seeing singlehood as a status. It distracts you when you see it that way. Now, I'm looking at it as an opportunity for so many wonderful things. It just proves that men are not the ones giving you great happiness. It is really you who are making it. And I'm doing it now. A time to do self-improving, learning new things, and seeing the world the way I haven't seen it.

Come June 16, 2009, the day of my birthday, if I haven't met any guy who would struck me the most, I will go ahead and pledge for singlehood for one whole year. That's a bet!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...

Mac & Hubbee said...

Hey! Haha. So what does that mean???

Jiltedsummer said...

parang ayoko ng naiisipan mong plano ah... wait nga...

"kung sino man po ang nakakabasa nito, ipagdasal nyo na magkaron si TL ng partner!!!"

Mac & Hubbee said...

haha. this really knocked me off to laughter drey.. wahaha. i swear!

Anonymous said...

...

It won’t be long before I get you by my side
And just hold you, tease you, squeeze you
Tell you what’s been on my mind

I wanna make up right now, na na
I wanna make up right now, na na
Wish we’re never this far right now, na na
We need to link up right now, na na

...

sorry po kung corny ha...

Mac & Hubbee said...

haha. jowell.... kaw talaga.. papitik nga sa ilong.. hehe..