February 7, 2009

The Curious Case


Now I know why it's called The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I just watched the film (yes, ngayon lang), and I was overly amazed by the story. It was a different love story, and how it was narrated was excellent. Too bad it ended that way. But in the middle of the movie, the film has already set an expectation of how it's gonna end that's why there's an initial acceptance of its ending already.

A few tears came out while watching the movie. First was the scene of Benjamin and his dad, where he was being told about the real story, and eventually that he was his dad. I always shed tears whenever I watch a scene of a son and dad. I can always relate my feelings. Second, was at the ending when Benjamin was narrating who everyone is that became part of his life. That there is a Dancer, an Artist, a Mom, a Swimmer, and so many characters in our lives.

The part where Benjamin and his dad was watching the sun rise, he gave a wonderful statement that I was very strucked on it, He said, "You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You can swear or curse the faith. But when it comes to the end, you just have to let go...". So nice I had to write it down and rewind many times to get the statement.

I recommend this movie. You may find it weird in the beginning but you'll eventually love it. This now explains why Brad Pitt got a nomination for his acting in this film. Such a fine man and a good actor...

2 comments:

Jiltedsummer said...

buti ka pa naappreciate mo... ahehhe...

Mac & Hubbee said...

of course!!!