January 20, 2009

Facing your Face

Last night, Drey brought some old pictures of her at work which distinctly differentiate her looks today than before. I was literally laughing at it, not to offend her, but it's a reality that there are people who really looks different before than compared today. I don't know why she brought those but it was good ice breaker.

This made me look at my very old picture. And I must say that it's a very ugly duckling picture that I have back when I was still in high school. The picture really drives me nuts. Hahaha. And I want you to see it for your self. Hehe. Feel free to laugh as well.


Yeah that's me. Worse diba. Hehe. In fairness, nagka-girlfriend pa ako nang maganda na tumagal nang taon ha. Partida na yan. Ganyan pa ang itsura ko. Hehe. I was also a fatboy before. Kaya pag may nagsasabing mataba ako ngayon, nakakainis na nakakatawa kasi alam ko sa sarili ko kung ano ang tunay na mataba dahil naging mataba na ako before.

When I was a kid, I already know the distinction of what good and bad looks is. And I've been exposed to people suffering from worse treatments by other people because of their looks. Good thing naman I never had those experiences (none that I know of). But those things have made me think that no one should ever really hurt my feelings because of my looks.

It's a reality. There are people who were born not so beautiful. Some people can't accept it, but few does. And I'm one of the few. In an early stage of my life, I accepted the fact that I'm not born to be the handsome type, most gorgeous guy in the planet. But after that, I never cared anymore. Life does not consists of looks only. There's more to it. That is where I focused.

But that mind setting led me to great things in life. I always get involved with someone who has great looks. Wala pa ata akong nakakarelasyon na masasabi nating "panget", mapa-babae man o lalake. Hindi rin naman ako nababakante. Kung walang karelasyon, may mga ka-date naman na hindi lang kung sino sino (right friends? hehe).

I had experiences also with a few local male celebrities, a few local models, and a local director. Yeah, I know it sounds unbelievable but it's true. I myself can't even chew the truth. Akalain mong matitipuhan ang panget na ito. Ewan ko ba kung paano nangyari ang lahat nang yun. Sobrang I cannot believe it talaga. Hehe.

They say beauty is defined by you. You tell yourself what's beauty for you and should always be reminded that it really comes from within. It's not an advertising line. It is true. I'm a testimony to that. Who would've thought that good-looking people will like me. No one! But it all happened. How? Because I also started improving myself. I didn't allow myself to have a worse life because of my looks.

I started improving my built. I worked out. Enrolled to the gym. Improved my body, threw some weight. I started learning things about male beauty products, observed styles and latest fashion that will fit my features, reinvented my hair style, etc. You see, it does not only ends at accepting things, it also needs some effort to improve yourself.

I also believed that having a good heart and great personality/character are more stunning than a glamorous clothes, scenatical perfumes, luxurious cars, accesories or other things that masks your inner beauty. Other people say that this belief are for losers only. Whether it is or not, based from experience, I know that it's true.

From someone who is so afraid to face the camera because of my fear of seeing an ugly person in the picture, I now became confident in facing the lens and seeing more beautiful shots of my self. From someone who walks with head down, I face the world with head held high. I worked on my self-confidence. I made all these things happen. I decided to make good and great choices for my life. That it is me who should tell the world to look at me.

Facing your face is a tough challenge especially if you are not born to have good looks. But having the courage to do so will give you a breakthrough in dealing with your life that has so many great things to experience. And this will transform you gallantly.

As mamiko just said lately, "Anak, parang gumagwapo ka lately ha...", and some neighbors noticing and telling mamiko the same thing. Napapa-wow na lang ako. Mga bulag ata itong mga kapitbahay namin. Pati si mamiko, nahawaan. Hehe.


So what if you're not gwapo.... Then be HOT!!!!
Hehe.

4 comments:

Mac Callister said...

asus ur not ordinary looking I think you're georgeous hehe libre mo ko maya ha!kidding!

Mac & Hubbee said...

asos! bolero! hehe. ako kaya ilibre mo! dali, isang ice cream lang sa yellow cab, okay na ako. hehe.

Anonymous said...

hi TL, i've been visiting your site for quite awhile. this is truly inspiring. keep up the good work and have a good day. :)

Mac & Hubbee said...

thanks dust!!! hope to keep it more inspiring for you...