January 12, 2009

Giving


Giving is the highest level of living
John C. Maxwell


Nothing speaks to others more loudly than generosity from a person. True generosity isn’t an occasional event. It comes from the heart and permeates every aspect of a person’s life, touching their time, money, talents, and possessions.


To cultivate the quality of generosity in your life, do the following:


1. Be grateful for whatever you have.

2. Put people first.

3. Don’t allow the desire for possessions to control you.

4. See money as a resource.

5. Develop the habit of giving.


The only way to maintain an attitude of generosity is to make it your habit to give—your time, attention, money, and resources. As Richard Foster says, “
Just the very act of letting go of money, or some other treasure, does something within us. It destroys the demon greed.

----------


I can only agree on this. As they say, give, and it will come back to you. It's a good karma that I have always believed in. I've been following this belief ever since and I must say, it's one of the secrets I have with the success I'm having. I'm not afraid to give. And when you say giving, it doesn't only mean it's just about money.


But I must say I'm super very generous to the people I love. Pampered sila especially when I really have. I don't mind spending at all kung ang kapalit naman eh kasiyahan na makikita mo sa mukha nila. I love giving material stuff, but I give also more love to them. Package deal na yan. Kaya kahit walang pera, basta may birthday o kahit anong okasyon, I make sure I have a gift for that person.


Kahit maubos ang 13th month pay, basta maregaluhan ang lahat nang inaanak, friends and family, and of course, ang lovie dubby, go lang. Hindi talaga ako matatahimik kapag wala man lang akong nabigay. It's not actually what I give but the thought of making someone feel special on a very special occasion is my very desire.


Pero ang weakness ko naman eh yung hinihingian ako. I swear. I know when to give naman. I'm sensitive with other's needs. Kaya you don't need to worry about that. Wag lang akong hihingian nang todo talaga. Magsasara talaga ang palad ko. Automatic yan. Ewan ko ba. Ganyan na talaga siguro ako.


Kaya at work, with your family, with friends, and with the one you love, just give. It's something that you should not regret doing. Ang balik nang blessing naman eh sa'yo at hindi sa tumanggap. Having something to give is a blessing enough. If we all know how to give, this world is just a great world to live.


Just a TL's thought on giving.

No comments: