January 24, 2009

The Ultimate Salve


Love is a choice, and so is moving on. I have made a number of choices in my life, and most of them were wrong, serving only to teach me important things the hard way.

Although one cannot question the existence of feelings; they are there, raw and undeniable. But one can choose not to nurture what is felt. Yet, no matter what they say, what has been felt will always be more honest than what was chosen.

But I was never wrong in choosing to just leave the past behind and go on with the present. Because that is how I learned that the ultimate salve for soothing any kind of pain is simply to... not care any longer....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TL, I read somewhere that the opposite of Love is NOT Hate, but it is Ambivalence... when you don't care anymore, that means you have ceased to love. Hate and Love are just two sides of the same coin.

Mac & Hubbee said...

hmm... interesting. thanks for sharing IW. hmm... napaisip tuloy ako. hehe.