January 8, 2009

Meeting up with Pedz


Pedz is a friend whom I met online last year. Pag nagkakatagpo sa YM, we chat, kamustahan, lokohan, baliwan, basta, what the normal online friends do. He is a PLU. He is from Muntinlupa. However, he is currently in Singapore working as an Interior Designer. Actually, mukha nga siyang Singaporean. Hehe.

Makulit si Pedz. Parang bata. Minsan baliw talaga. Kaya aliw kausap. But nothing more than that. Kaya siguro I find him safe. Very cautious kasi ako in making friends with sa mga PLU. Mapa-online pa yan o hindi. Most of them kasi are deceiving, una friends lang daw, but in the end, nag-iiba. Buti sana kung single ako. But I'm not. Kaya careful.

At kahit pa umiba ang landas ni Pedz in treating me, safe pa rin kasi he is in Singapore. Anong magagawa niyang harm sa akin. Hehe. Wala. Malayo siya kaya I have less worries. But last tuesday, he sent me a message that he is now in the Philippines, umuwi for vacation and wants to meet up and have some coffee. I was then excited to meet a friend and told him my schedule.

Last night, pinuntahan niya ako sa office. Nagconvoy na lang kami kasi pareho kaming may dalang sasakyan. We went to Starbucks ATC para doon tumambay. Naisip ko na kahit alam kong safe si Pedz, I still want to hang-out in a public place na maraming tao para wala siyang choice but to be decent enough. Hehe. Pagka-park, I took my phone to text nathan agad. But sad to say, sakto namang nag-battery empty.

Ako lang ang nag-coffee. Ayaw daw niya kasi baka hindi daw siya makatulog. Galing pa siyang Makati. In short, kuwentuhan to the max about all of his experience and sexperience in Singapore. Hehe. I was so interested in his stories, not with the sexperiences, but with his life in Singapore. I enjoyed the conversation although it only focused on him. I never shared a lot of information about myself.

It was 1:00am already at pinapapak na ako nang mga lamok. Sa labas kasi kami nang Starbucks tumambay. I told him to call it a day and we go home na. Nakita kong nalungkot siya when I said that. Gusto pa ata tumambay. Kaso di ko na kinaya ang mga nagpipiyestang lamok. Hassle naman kung lumipat pa kami nang lugar eh Wednesday night, konti lang naman ang mga open na establishments sa Alabang. Ayoko din namang tumambay kami sa loob nang car. It's a NO.

Pagdating sa parking, kinamayan ko na siya at nagpaalam ako. I said it was nice meeting him and I appreciate that he took time to meet me. Sabi ko pa nga na just in case na pumunta kami ni nathan sa Singapore, i-meet niya kami at i-tour kami doon. But I was surprised when he followed me in my car. Nakaramdam na ako nang iba but I kept my composure.

He then asked me if we can go to my place. That was it. The line that broke everything. I already got it pero nag-pretend akong di ko nagegets para di awkward. I answered him in a nice way and told him to go home na. But he stayed. He was looking at me differently na. I wasn't scared because I know I'm in control. This was not the first time I encounter like this. And besides, pag pinilit niya ako, eh mas malaki ako sa kanya, kamao ko pa lang, tumba na siya. Hehe.

But again, as I always do, I show respect so he can reciprocate it. Reverse psychology ba. He was indirectly persistent but I kept my guards on. Until he realized that TL was purely making friends with him which cannot go beyond what others have gone to. He went to his car, I started my engine, and left.

There was no regret meeting him at all. It was nothing unsual. For PLUs, it is normal. But for TL, when I'm in a relationship, I do my best to be loyal to the one I love. Yes, you may admire some people, do some little flirting at times, but never go beyond crossing the line. You don't ruin a relationship because of a spark of some lust in your body.

For Pedz, he may have crossed the line but he didn't push through. It was a test of friendship which he just passed. I will continue my friendship with him but only through online na lang. Para safe. If he ask me again to meet up, this time, I may refuse. In respect of Nathan. Or, I will bring along nathan if he persists. Pedz is a nice person. I hope he finds his true love soon...

No comments: