January 12, 2009

Mr. Matt McVay

Remember the Richmond Boys? The guys that made my stay in Richmond, Virginia memorable? There was also this one guy who made my stay in Tacoma, Washington memorable. His name is Matthew McVay. Or I simply call him Matt. Yesterday, he sent me an email. He greeted me a Happy New Year and asking how I am. I was surprised though. I thought he forgot me already.

On our way to Seattle, smiling for a shot.

I met him on my second day in Tacoma. It was the "something" at first sight. Hehe. After seeing how guys look like in that city, I got frustrated. But when I saw him, I said, "Finally there's one that has a great look". Someone to inspire me. Hehe. But with pure intentions, as most of you know me, I wanted to just make friends with him. Nothing more than that.

But as everyday goes by, we became closer and started to build a special connection. We almost hang out everyday. He picks me up at my hotel, tours me around, brings me to different places, eat anywhere, go to clubs in Seattle, watch movie at night cinemas, and sometimes, just hang-out in my hotel room or in his pad.

After buying Krispy Kreme doughnuts to eat at his pad.

And oh boy! I have never spent any single penny during our entire escapades. Whew! I have met also his roommate, saw his room, jumped on his bed, heard his family story, his dreams and ambitions, loved his two-door car, and met some of his friends.

Melissa and Matt at one of the clubs we've been to.

There was nothing more than friendship. I kept my guards on because I was still in a relationship at that time. You know, Mr. Forever Faithful. I never showed any intention to keep it safe for us. But who would not have fallen to all of the things he has done for me.

Just by spending time everyday, and making me part of his daily routine was something for me. He calls me after seeing each other, and wakes me up in the morning so I won't be late. I was getting so attracted to this handsome american guy. Oh boy!


Matt in my hotel room.

On my last night in Tacoma, he decided to stay in my room, sleep over. I have two beds in my hotel room. Ideally, I thought we will have one bed each. But I was surprised because he went to my bed and stayed beside me. My eyes were as big as bugsy's eyes in bedtime Stories film (if you have watched that movie already). I never expected it.


With no idea what to say initially, I just said, "Is it okay if I turn off all the lights? I just can't sleep with lights on". He agreed and so, I turned off all the lamps. Suddenly, I heard his belt being taken away from his pants. I got a bit nervous. I thought he's getting naked. Hehe (assuming!).

But he just took his pants and wore only his blue boxer shorts. Damn! I didn't know what to react at that time. It was so awkward. I was thinking, what if he asks me to do it? I hate saying no to people but that is the only answer I have.
How I wish I can say Yes.


Good thing he didn't (feeling kasi ako masyado eh hehe). What he did is just embraced me and said, "I know you love him.. Don't worry..". I was releived. But I was touched with the respect that he has given me. I just cherished his warm embrace and slept the night with him. It's what I called "A night to remember". Hehe.

The next day, my flight to L.A., he personally drove me to the airport. It was heart breaking for us. He was so silent. He never talked to me. I was afraid to ask. It was another awkward moment as I didn't know what was the reason of his silence. When we got to that airport, I thought he will just drop me off. After taking my bags, he left. I was so clueless.

When I was checking in my luggages, I saw him coming to me. He said he just parked. He has something in his pouch. He gave me one big size of his picture taken on his last photo shoot. There was his signature and a small message to me, "You are the greatest dancer in the world". I smiled after getting it. He then said he got so impressed when he saw me dancing in one of the club we've visited. His face has the saddest face in the Seattle Airport.


I finally asked him why was he silent. He answered me, "For 3 weeks, it was just you and me. I became so happy and have done things so great with someone I just knew...". I was already teary-eyed but I hate expressing emotions during goodbye moments. I stopped him and just gave him a tight hug and said "Thank You and Goodbye".

It was a tough situation. I know he has a lot to say but I am afraid to hear those. I then asked him to leave and told him I will get inside already. I did that on purpose. I was afraid to confuse myself. I love my partner at that time.


Lecheng ex ko!!! Naghiwalay din kami pagbalik ko nang Pilipinas. Hay! Kung alam ko lang na magiging ganun ang kahihinatnan, sana kinarir ko na si Matt. Pagkakataon na yun oh. Faithful faithful pa kasi ako. Haha. Anyways, no regrets. Meeting Matt and sharing wonderful experiences with him are some things to treasure.

Matt is now in Olympia working in a news agency, and he's doing some daily vodcasts. That is what he actually wants to do. He took Mass Communication by heart and really wants to be in the media, either as a model in front of the camera, or as a production staff behind the camera. Btw, he has done 2 commercials already, which he has shown me the video of one of those.


I'm glad he made a way to re-connect our communication again. Thanks Matt!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

MG!! si Matt from Tacoma!!! hahahaha... i still remember how u made kwento about what happened ans what did not happen in Tacoma! and the bugsy eye moment! hahaha!

Mac & Hubbee said...

Haha. Naalala mo pa??? Hehe. Hay!!!

Anonymous said...

but of course!! i was counting the days, minutes and seconds till makauwi ka then.. pag balik mo pinagpalit mo na pala ako sa isang kano!! hahaha (well what could i expect..hahahaha)

Mac & Hubbee said...

haha!!! crazy!!! di kaya! how i wish. hehe.

Mac Callister said...

ang cute nito a! tutukan mo n ng baril yan guy n yan hehe

Mac & Hubbee said...

haha. how i wish ginamit ko na lahat nang baril sa mundo kung alam ko lang...