January 19, 2009

Teach and Share


When I was trying to discover my path to my future years ago, I thought I will end up as a teacher. I find so much happiness in my heart whenever I can share knowledge to people. It's always interesting to see curious faces all staring at you, waiting to feed their thoughts with new things. And that is what challenges me. Exceeding the expectations of the spectators.

Last week, I had another chance to conceptualize a teaching for my team as we were given a 2 hour meeting. I had another chance to share things for my team. People at work knows that I love preparing stuff like this. And whenever we have a scheduled meeting, there are only two things I always do for my team. It's either we will have some sort of fun and celebration activity, or I will give them a Teaching Session.


During the mid 90's, I became part of a group that conduct some retreats and seminar. If I am not a facilitator, I am a lecturer. In our church, I've been tapped to teach some lessons in front of a congregation at a very young age. It has never been a fear to face a crowd. I can always speak in front of many people.

I had also teaching experiences in some schools. I have teached Moral Recovery and National Discipline in one public high school here in Laguna for free, while I was still in college. It was very memorable as you have seen the impact in the lives of the students. Each class is consists of 60 to 70 students in one room. My class became one of their favorite subjects. After a year, I was given an honor by the school during their Graduation Day.

I also teached Theatre Arts in one private school in Quezon City when I was still in college also. And it's for free again. This has just been one of my extra curricular activities when I was still pursuing my degree in Communication Arts. But I never thought of being a teacher. I just love to teach and share things with people whom you really don't know.

At work, I've launched some projects that gave me opportunities to teach. When I feel that there's a need to share helpful knowledge to people, I will find a way to do so. There's passion in my heart when I get to interact with a group. And I just don't keep great lessons I've learned in life, I share it.


With people around me, I try my best to teach things based from my knowledge and experience. It gives me self satisfaction. But there's no vision of me being a teacher at all. Even at work, I don't see myself as a trainer, nor ending up at a school when I retire.

I know I will learn more of life's lessons. The greatest books of life are yet to unfold in me. I will keep seeking. I will keep learning. From my mistakes. From my triumphs. From the people around me. From different experiences. Until my journey is not yet the end, I will continously share what I can to people around me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I heard from Bess that the session you taught them was super cool! Maybe you can teach it to my team while I teach your high potentials some of The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership? :P
Miss yah!

Mac & Hubbee said...

Sure! I would love to!!!