June 17, 2009

Before 30

When I was in college, I did some fore cast of what age I would want to start working. And so it happened...

When I was working already, I did another fore cast of what age should I be promoted. And then it happened...

Before I turned 28, I did some few more fore casts that I want to happen in my life before I reach the age of 30.


I have decided that I want to be very stable and fully settled when I reach that age. And with that, there are four things that I want to accomplish. Three of them are: (1) To get a condo unit and become an independent bachelor for real, (2) To get another car so Khenzo will be left for my family, and (3) To be promoted again at work.

Three things that I will really work hard to achieve in the next two years. I have set some plans already on how to make these happen and I am determined to fulfill it. As I have said previously, "I will make things happen!". I will match this with hard work, will-power and determination. No one can make this happen but me.

I have imagined my self living in a condo unit, having my dream car, and being in a position that I have dreamed of at work. That's the 30 year old James I envisioned. I always envision my future. I cannot just rely on destiny. I need to make my future, especially on those that I have control of.

On the first 2 things, I will need money to make it happen. And those money will come from my salary. So I need to work hard. The third thing will be achieved if I do great, and not just good at work. I need to maintain a high-level of performance, and keep a strong credibility. I need to enhance more of my skills and learn new things.

These are all I can control of. That's why I can make it if I really want to. But the fourth thing that I want to have by the age of 30 is a LIFETIME PARTNER. Someone that I'm gonna share my life, my dreams, my ambition, my blessings with. Something that is beyond my control. Something that I can not just get by money or effort at work. A totally different story.

You can mostly dictate your body to work so you can have money. But you cannot dictate your heart to love. Even to actually getting attracted to someone. That's why this is the most difficult part of the plan. To falling for someone. To finding the right guy. I don't even know how to begin with, or where to start. My heart has been the most weird part of my body and my nature.

I have pledged for singlehood this year so I can focus on the first three things I have mentioned. I really want to focus. But it does not necessarily mean that I'm gonna be out the love section scene. I still wanna meet new people, have some fancy dates, and some guilty pleasures, but not to the extent of getting involved romantically yet. Baka masira ang plano.

I'm even scared that someone might come along and ruin the plan. Someone might hit my heart and change things. But these are just some few possibilities out there. But whatever that is in store for me in this new chapter, I am ready to face it. I am sure of already with my current plans. I will go for it and make it happen.

I have learned a lot of things from my past mistakes and I am using those to make me wiser this time. That it's not all about attraction or what, but basically, it's where you put your mind and heart in making the right decision. In choosing the right guy. The guy who will own what I own. Ang magiging prinsipe nang aking condo unit. Hehe.

So it's all about enjoying the year, but at the same time, working double to ensure that I get what I want by the age of 30. That even if I don't get the fourth one, I have secured myself to be alone in this life, able to survive without a special someone. So before 30, TL will make the most out of it. I will enjoy life to the fullest. I will be the TL that I want to be!!!

No comments: