June 13, 2009

Birthday Entry II: Bess Navarra

Date Submitted: May 24, 2009

Who knew we’d be this close? I really wasn’t expecting it. When I became part of your team last year, medyo aloof pa ako sa mga tao. I was usually by myself studying everyone and making stupid judgments. At the time, I thought you were mayabang and masyadong pabibo at work. I even thought you had relationships amongst the team members kasi meron kang mga taong di kinakausap and then mega chika ka naman sa iba.


As the months progressed, I realized na you really cared about everyone. Helping everyone improve wasn’t just an act. Oh my god, naaalala ko pa yung incident that made us close. Pero di ko na babanggitin yon dito. Past is past. Diyos ko, nagkaroon pa ng “trust” issue. Ay nako, bonggang eksena talaga yun noh?? Buti nalang we were able to move past all that.

Surprisingly, we’ve been together for so long pero twice palang tayo nakakakagimik. First, was the Boyce Avenue concert (na tayong dalawa lang ang pumunta), and clubbing at malate. Hindi pa tayo nakakapag out of town, or nakakapag pig out somewhere nice, or nagsho-shopping spree. I’m looking forward to all that. Mukhang magkakasundo tayo sa halos lahat. By the way, I took the liberty of browsing the internet for your birthday meaning. Here’s what I found out:

· You are calm and understated.
·
You struggle to express your love with words. Over time, your partner learns to recognize your passion by the actions you take.
·
You seek the gentle side of life.
·
YOU ARE A PHILOSPHER; You are incredibly introverted and introspective. You live inside your head. You spend a lot of alone time meditating and thinking. People see you as withdrawn, and at times they are right.
·
You are caring and deep but it may be difficult for you to show this side of yourself.
·
STRENGTH: Your original approach to thinking.
·
You are very independent and strong minded.
· You are a hard worker when you want to be, however you play hard too.
·
You know something about just about everything which makes you a good conversationalist and an interesting acquaintance.
·
You are inquisitive and quick to digest new information and ideas.
·
You like to keep busy and expand your horizon whenever opportunities arise, often multitasking between several interests.
·
You want to try new things and you’re always looking for a new adventure.
·
You frequently test your partner for loyalty and commitment.
·
In any relationship you are smart, witty, fast, and fun.
·
You usually are the life of the party and have a lot of acquaintances.
·
You seek out others who are smart and adventuresome, and will become quickly bored with those who are homebodies or content with the status quo.
·
You want to see the world, experience everything, literally “learn something new everyday”.
·
You are a fun and fascinating companion, but some may see you as superficial and two-faced because your goal is to charm everyone all the time.
·
On good days, you can be charming and gracious. But on bad days, you can be moody and even cruel.
·
With you, the by-word is “changeable”…. So everyone should just learn to expect anything from you.

I can’t say which ones are true, or which ones are false. All I can say is, I enjoy your company. You’ve been a wonderful friend all throughout. Thank you for listening to me whenever I needed someone to talk to, for being so patient when I’ve been so difficult, for trusting me with your deepest secrets, for guiding me back whenever I strayed…

We may not hang out often buy you can always count on me as your confidante. You are one of the people I hold close to my heart, and to be on your list of people who have become a part of your life is something I am deeply, deeply grateful for.

So on your very very special day, I hope all your wishes come true. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! LOVE YOU! MWAH!

1 comment:

Arbee said...

ngeee..huli na ata ako...happy bday, TL!