June 6, 2009

So True

The Bakla Review blogsite posted Ten Deadly Cliches of Pinoy Gay Movies. And when I read it, I can only agree to it. They are so true. I always enjoy visiting this site as the blogger gives a nice review of different gay movies, both local and abroad (but mostly local). And the reviews are really technical, not just based from personal satisfaction or dissatisfaction. Here is the Ten list:


10. Gays have money, while straight men are poor.

9. Gay men just want to be women.


8. Gays have a tendency to go insane.


7. Straight men are desirable, while gays are not.


6. Male prostitutes have good hearts, while their bosses and clients do not.


5. Gays who are not out and flamboyant are confused or lonely.


4. Safe sex does not exist.


3. Gay relationships don’t last.


2. Giving in to gay desire leads to violent death.


1. Bottoming is the ultimate suffering.


Don't you just agree? I've been seeing some local gay movies also, one, because I can definitely understand it, and two, I enjoy doing my own film reviews as well. I took some film review study when I was in college and I really enjoyed it. Kaya feeling ko, nasa akin pa din yung pinag-aralan ko dahil tumatak siya masyado after learning so many things about films.


I just hope our local gay movie producers/directors can really make some more good quality movies that can really help improve the lifestyle of the PLUs, and can change the standards of the society towards PLUs. I still want to write a movie. But because of so many technicalities it requires, tinatamad na ako. Hehe. Kaya hindi din masyado mataas ang grade ko sa scriptwriting before. Pero kung kakayanin, kaya naman sa kung kaya. Pero wag na lang. Hehe.

No comments: