June 22, 2009

H1N1 Mania


This virus became so phenomenal and has hit the world in a snap. Originated from Mexico, and now, present in the Philippines. Everyone is talking about it. Some are getting paranoid. Some still don't care about it. And I think I am one of them. I was too confident that I have a better Immune System now to protect me from any virus or any sicknesses floating around the air.

But not until yesterday. I did not go to work last sunday. I was on leave as I have planned to just get some rest after a tiring party. When I woke up the next day, I started feeling heavy (not literally). My knees are feeling weak, and I don't have a strong appetite. When I start eating food, I will have the tendency to discontinue it. Ending is, I will return to my room and slack off my body to bed.

Monday afternoon and it's time to go to work. Still feeling sick and heavy, but I have to go to work. I have so many things to do and finish. Going on leave even just for one day will leave you tons of things to do. That's why I have to go to work. After getting there, I went straight to the clinic to have myself checked and to get some medicines.

I wasn't surprised when my temperature was checked and I was told that I have a low fever. My temperature is at 37.2. I left with my medicines and started working. I was struggling, but I was fighting. I cannot afford to get sick. I hate being sick. I hate being stucked in my room doing nothing. I gave myself a chance last night, thinking that maybe, my body is just missing my regular routine, which is work.

End of the shift, still feeling sick, I went home immediately to get some rest. Now, I wake up feeling a little bit better, but I still feel some heaviness. My mind is contemplating if I have to work or just give my body a rest to completely recover from this. I am starting to get this fear that I might actually have this virus. Why? Because I have most of the symptoms of it.

I have fever (although just low, the nurse said a person must have a very high fever), I feel some muscle pain (my knees feels weak), I have poor appetite (but not so very poor, I can still eat), and now, I have sipon. I am doing self medication. I doing my best to prevent myself from getting sick. The H1N1 paranoia is actually helping me medicate myself. It pushes me eventhough it's a normal fever (for now) only.

A lot of people are feeling sick these days. Maybe because of the weather as it changes from time to time, or the type of foods available in the society now, and the lifestyle of people. I am sticking to my commitment to take care of my health. Still won't smoke, not drinking, continous work-out, avoiding pork and junk foods, and having a positive lifestyle. Health is wealth. A healthy person can do a lot of things in his/her life compared to a non-healthy person...

Take care of your health readers...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-) there are a lot of people who are psychologically sick / unstable too, kailangan din silang iwasan :-)

- queerfaith

Mac & Hubbee said...

i agree!!! hehe.