June 21, 2009

My Father's Day Entry


I have nothing special to write about Father's Day today as I am also celebrating this occasion with the rest of the fathers out there. But I just want to say Happy Father's Day to my Dad, who has been so great on his vacation this year. He's also one the major reasons why I celebrated my birthday very special this year because it is the first time I have him present.

Since birth, Dad was already working abroad, earning money for the family. He comes home once a year to have a vacation and spend time with us. You see, we were really not that close. Due to the fact that distance and time separated us significantly, and one crisis that really broke some links between the two of us. But it's all in the past. Things are getting better right now.

Now, I am happy on how our relationship as father and son is going. We are not expressive to each other about our feelings but I'm sure, he knows that I value him, with all the lessons he shares, and for the great efforts he did to improve our lives and makes us survive. I know that he's proud of me as well, with all the accomplishments I got in life.


Next week, he'll leave us again and will be back to PNG to work. I will surely miss him. I've seen his effort to strengthen our relationship that's why I will miss him. He was a great dad last night at the party, and I was proud to introduce him to my guests. He even bought 2 cases of beers in addition of the beers I already had (mami-miss ko din ang pagpapa-gas niya kay Khenzo, sayang din yun, malaking tipid. Hehe).


To you Dad, kahit mukha kang mayor kagabi (hehe), Happy Father's Day!!! I love you!!!

No comments: