June 14, 2009

Birthday Entry XII: K.G. Sanchez

Date Submitted: June 14, 2009

All about James


Introduction

I dedicate this entry to a person who’s very dear to me. I don’t really do blogs, just not my thing. I only have one blog entry in my entire life, and it’s in my ultimately mind-numbing Multiply site. I didn’t even know why o why I did that..? This is my second and I just hope my readers would like it. Hehe.

How I met James?

My relationship with Alexander James Von Marco started on the day we met. It was a cold lonely night, as I was sitting by the beach looking at the stars above and wondering about life, I got distracted by a silhouette of a young sturdy man walking leisurely toward my direction barefooted as the calm waves in the shore reaches his feet.

He was holding his sandals at one hand while the other carelessly sways along and against the breeze. As I watched the man walked, the sound of the waves and all others faded away as if everything stopped and all I saw and heard was him walking in a distance as if we were miles apart. At that moment, I felt I was destined to be with this man.

Nah.. Seriously, I met him at work during orientation. The leaders were obliged to introduce themselves. Haha. In my mind, I called him “the man with a very long name”, that was the only phrase that reminded me of him when we first met. I can’t even remember what the name was. I just knew it was very long.

Few days have passed when I learned that his name was James, at least that’s what people call him, I didn’t bother to know the rest of his name knowing that I’ll just forget it. So when he became the leader of our group, that was when my life’s journey with him started.

How I became friends with James?

Honestly, I don’t know. We just clicked. Even if we don’t agree on the same stuff, food, and opinions we clicked. I realize just now that we don’t really agree on the same thing most of the time. What ya think?

For instance, I like eating at Pancake House because of the pancakes, while Marco insisted that he likes eating there too, but ends up ordering a rice meal EVERY TIME. I mean c’mon? What’s the point of eating there, right? Although I don’t make sense but it does make sense to me. (Confused).

Sometimes, Marco has a way of insinuating his thoughts to my mind so that I’d agree with him when he’s trying to make a point. I am also too dumb to agree. How twisted? He also has this protective part because according to him, I’m like his little sister. Considering that he’s way older than I am, haha, I would agree to that.

But come to think of it, I’m not really friends with my biological older brother, it’s just weird that I treat James as my brother, friend, competition (for gobbledygook arguments), mentor, leader, movie buddy, shopping buddy, adviser (cause he’s old), hangout mate, and a bear depending on the condition but still, it always feels like we’re on the same ground. So how are we friends again???

What I like about James?

There are many things that I like about Marco. So many that I can’t name them all. Haha. (Hoping you’ll pay me after reading this.)
What I don’t like about James?

I hate the fact that when he’s obsessed about something, he never stops. Never. Like collecting Spiderman. What did you see in him? I liked Spiderman before but after figuratively being with him for 8 months at work, he just seem be “OK” to me now. The level of liking Spiderman eventually faded though not completely.

His station was like a Spiderman specialty store. I bet it still is. (Don’t get me wrong, I’ll give you a Spiderman item everyday if you like, that’s how I love you.) His obsession doesn’t end there. He also obsesses about other things, persons, events, or memories. I hate the “Drama King”, because I worry and I hate worrying but I can’t help but worry. I’m so weird.

Finally, I hate the “wolf cut” hairstyle. Remember “The Hills” picture that was taken last year during your birthday? The hairstyle Marco has then been much better (take note of the redundancy). I noticed it just last month when I was doing nothing (FEI: The picture is posted in my room).

Conclusion

The discussion that transpired was all about James (obviously). But come to think of it, it’s not just about him; rather it’s about how I see him. Going back to what I like about James, I didn’t say much. As a matter of fact, I didn’t describe anything. As expected everyone he asked to write a blog entry from will already tell you guys everything.

And as his friend I will definitely agree to all the good things his other friends would say about him because I simply like him. Now I know how we became friends. And if my readers would agree, he is indeed a pretty damn good friend. Don’t you think so? :p He’s an amazing person too, not all the time though, kidding.

If the readers will notice, the story of how I met James was not that memorable compared to the fake story of how I met him (see second paragraph). But the impact he has on my life as a friend compliments the fake story, as if making it possible. Although the story of our friendship was not as grand, our togetherness has the same blow and I’m glad that destiny brought me there. Consider yourself lucky James haha. Happy Birthday Brother Bear.

KG Sanchez ,RN

No comments: